HeadTeacher update Corona Virus Tue 17.3.20.
The situation surrounding the Coronavirus is changing rapidly and this letter acts to update you on our current position. I can assure you that we are taking all of the necessary steps to protect our community and are continuing to follow official guidance from the government, Public Health England and the Local Authority.
1. School closure - The Academy is continuing to remain open. However, following the government announcement that people should self-isolate if they have any symptoms, we are anticipating that an increasing number of students and staff will be absent over the coming weeks. The Academy will respond accordingly to any government decision regarding the closure of schools as they are announced. If this were to happen then schoolwork will be set for students accordingly.
2. Trips within the UK - Current advice from the government is that trips within the UK should continue and that staff and students should follow all the government advice about protecting themselves from the virus. However, at this stage we have chosen to cancel any unnecessary events such as sports festivals.
3. Worship - To reduce further risk we have taken the decision to cancel worship and deliver the messages during class time.
4. Parents Evening - We have decided to postpone Parents Evening until later in the Summer Term. In the meantime if you would like to speak to one of the teachers concerning your child's progress, please do not hesitate to contact your child's teacher by email or telephone.
5. Events - We have decided to cancel the following events :
Mothers Day Breakfast Fri 20th March - money will be returned in your child's book bag
Tuck Shop Fri 27th March
Parents Consultations Mon 30th March (postponed)
Easter Service Wed 1st April
Easter Bonnet Parade Thu 2nd April
Cleaning - We have already reviewed our cleaning regime ensuring that throughout the day contact points are regularly cleaned and disinfected. We continue to reinforce the importance of hand washing. All children are washing hands as they enter the school with soap and hot water, as recommended, and again regularly throughout the school day particularly before eating and after going to the toilet.
Please be assured that the safety of our students and the community is paramount. These are unprecedented times and as we receive further information on any of the above, we will update you accordingly.